Microsoft Security Essentials – Computer and Laptop Security Software
Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home or small business PC, laptop or computer that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, get your FREE computer security software NOW!.
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up-to-date so you can be assured your PC, Laptop or Computer is protected by the latest technology .
Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so you’re free to use your Windows-based PC, Laptop or Computer the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Before installing Microsoft Security Essentials, we recommend that you uninstall other antivirus software already running on your PC, Laptop or Computer. Running more than one antivirus program at the same time can potentially cause conflicts that affect PC performance.
*Your PC, Laptop or Computer must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials. Learn more about genuine.
Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Minimum system requirements for Microsoft Security Essentials
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2); Windows 7
- For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
- VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
- 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser: